Friday

Festivals and promoting our film.

I have been looking to festivals that we could possibly get our film shown at. so far i gathered a good amount of application forms and will be sending them off at the end of the month with the DVD of our film. 
Yesterday I had a great day of networking. In the morning I email an old friend Steven Van Grinsven. 
Steven put on art exhibitions all over the world with his company 'Zinger Presents.' The exhibitions are usually mix medium and often incorporate some kind of moving image. In February  2008 Zinger Presents took me and my band to Rotterdam to play his exhibition. The exhibition was us playing a gig on a stage built by sculptor  Graham Hudson with visuals by illustrator Julie Verhoeven. 

Knowing that Steven was interested in mix mediums i asked if would be able to help in getting our film into any festival or exhibitions. Luckily he text me within an hour saying he had an exhibition opening in london yesterday night and told me to come down with some clips from the film.  
The night went really well and he said he look at the clips and meet me for a drink later in the week to talk about it. He told me it is hard to get animations into exhibitions but he know some people that might be able to help. finger crossed that he likes what he sees and is able to help us get it shown somewhere. 
At the exhibition there was a really interesting animation by artist Markus Vater and is well worth checking out. The exhibition will be open for 2 more months at:
92 Hoxton Street, N1 6LP nearest tube Old Street

No comments: